Sunday, July 20, 2008

.Hope

I guess I just hoped for more.
I wanted to be special but as eventually as cement settles, I setteled for less.
And as in less, I mean I settled for best.
But how do you give your all when you've given and there's now nothing left?

And that doesn't make what I want right,
or what we want wrong,
but what we want's strong.
It'd take a Titan just to move us along,

but like old lawn, we'll move on
when the For Sale sign's gone and four sails are set to sea;
So long. To the four winds they move headstrong. To see.
To be. To be meant to or not to be

So confusion is an illusion to me
'cause the hindsight will be hinds feet once we cross this barrier reef.
This peninsula was made for me
or like a fjord only made for the latter.

Just like happily was made for the after.
Not now or then during the tears or the laughter.
Not how, but when will we escape this disaster, this tragedy
is the mindset of a dreamer only destined for reality

So like the stone cold pavement it hits
and like a stone cold knockout it splits lips
leaving space for speaking wisdoms of lives lived,
lifted by love and loves lost like the potential of all but the cross
who's love is stacked harmonies like J. Moss.

Feeling real, loved and slightly accosted,
she'll search her mind to find a previous love and discover she's lost it.
In a haze of hope, hopped up on fairytales and half truths
based purely on reality with nothing to loose.
Whether I win or I lose
I'll discover the sum of those truths is you
and that some of those lies were true.
but besides that, that hope nearly brought us through..



Looks like we made it..
or at least, we made it this far
..
or rather that far
cuz I'd rather that car, that house, that girl
than a high school rendition of "A Whole New World"
and I'd rather that plaque, that life, that quote
than to have lived without that Hope.

No comments: